Tuesday, November 21, 2006

There's hope [for a guy]

I had an interesting last Friday night. Actually, the introverts I was with have a lot more to blog about [I hadn't heard the word oloibon since primary school] but nobody has come forth yet. Checked in to the pub at around 10. I figured I'd just do one quick round then head for home. At around 11 pm, I realised that may not be happening so I settled in a bit. It was a bit tricky to do seeing as I had a huge umbrella with me. [Am I the only guy who carries around a huge umbrella]

Anyhow, the music was alright. Apparently they play old skool on Fridays. At some point one of the chics at the adjacent table motioned for me to get up and dance. [Kamikaze had made acquaintances before my arrival] I made a few motions in my seat and figured that was that. A little later, as she was dancing herself, she came up to my seat [which was a step away, nothing too dramatic] and actually asked me to stand up and "give us a show". Her words. Now saying "No" to a woman is not a very easy thing so I found myself casting away my jacket and umbrella and joining her in the 30cm space between our seats. I got a number for the first time in a long time.

The moral of the story [and it's perhaps a bit shorter and less dramatic than I anticipated because of some drama at jobo]. In spite of perceived inadequacies and whatnot, there's hope.

5 Comments:

Blogger Komi said...

Amen.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 8:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. S,
Very proud of you, young man. There's hope for all introverts out there :-)

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 8:23:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

renisa - Young man? I'm not sure that's an accurate description anymore.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 5:24:00 PM  
Blogger mama shady said...

weeeeuweeee!
what oloibon?!

Thursday, November 30, 2006 1:00:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

weeeuweee indeed. At some point I didn't care too much about people looking at us. And the oloibon story has to be told in person.

Thursday, November 30, 2006 8:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home