Thursday, November 16, 2006

Mirror Mirror

Its quarter to 3.00pm. I still have about 2 and a half more hours to go
before I can check out of the office.
I am tired. Have been moving so fast throughout the whole day, I don't have any more energy. I wonder how I can appear to be working while not working.
Tips are most welcome. And, we don't have Internet, plus my PC is so visible to everyone so I can't play the FIFA I installed.

Anyways. I was just in the gents. That's where I take my cigarette breaks. There are mirrors in there. As you would expect. A cigarette smoked leisurely will take me about 4 minutes or so. Enough time to look in the mirror. The eternal question. Who is this guy Kamikaze? I usually get this way when I'm broke senseless. To avoid such mind numbing questions, I numb my mind with a little imbibing (I just love that word, makes me want to imbibe). Seeing that I haven't numbed my mind in a while, such thoughts creep up on me, rising to the surface of my clouded brain, making me ask myself very silly questions.

Who Am I? Where Am I going? What is it with this life? What's it all for in the end? Why do I smoke so much? Why do I always think of drinking? Why can't I stay home more? Why do I still have a crap job? How can I change it? Can I just quit? No!! What would I do then? Why don't I exercise more? Why can't I get a fly girlfriend? And do I want one? Is it just an excuse that fly women only bring problems and its best to avoid them? Do I even know what I am
doing in the office? Will guys around wake up and realise that I have been scamming them off a salary all this while? On the same note, why don't they realise how invaluable I am and just triple my Salo?

Okay, not all of these questions went through my mind today. But 4 minutes alone in the gents (funny how no one walks in when you are having such thoughts, they'd save you a whole lot of misery) is a long time.

Sitting at my comp now I can think of many more unnerving questions. Like - why does my boss/in-charge have to talk to me? Can't he sense that I don't like him? Why can't I just win all ongoing competitions - that Omo Rav-4 (is that still on?), that Benz from Tusker (I don't drink Tusker so I don't know how that would happen), a Safaricom Pick-up with the 50K to a charity of my choice (myself, very charitable cause), I'd pick up the phone and call some
Radio Station and win 100K or something (such weird sums). I think I already have a budget as to how I'd use the funds. Okay, not a budget, general idea.
Sell the cars, buy a house, forget about mortgaging, buy a 300K car, buy shares and double, triple, quadruple, quintuple, sextuple, septuple, octuple, nanotuple (somebody stop me!!!) the money.

Hey aJamaa!!! Is it true the women over in Kampara do crazy things like kneel when they serve you, and carry orders (food and drinks) on their backsides too (cause they is sooo biggg!!)? Guys here (at the office) were thinking of going to Uganda for our next team building ( a good year away from now). I am thinking there is just forests to be seen? Let me know.

I really have to stop writing now.


2 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

You're asking yourself all these questions only now. I've been doing it for years. Probably accounts for my mental problems.

Anyway, I could go on and on. Remind me next time we hook up.

Friday, November 17, 2006 7:35:00 AM  
Blogger aJamaa said...

Some of the questions you ask, 'Where Am I going? What is it with this life? What's it all for in the end? Why do I smoke so much?' are well answered in Ecclesiastes (will make a point of checking up the spelling next time).

Monday, November 20, 2006 8:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home