Monday, November 13, 2006

Back to work

It's been more than a month since I was officially at work. I had that 'back to school' feeling yesterday evening. I'd never taken leave of more than 5 consecutive days. Kumbe maternity leave isn't that long. At some point the thought crossed my mind that I would come back to work and find that I'd been fired. [I'm paranoid like that] If you can do without a guy for a month plus, you probably don't need him. So far, I still have a job.

The break was good. Sketching was as much fun as it used to be. I would use the word doodling here but became wary when I tried to type that word in an sms and the first thing the dictionary [T9?] brought up caught me rather by surprise. Sure, fondling is probably a more common word than doodling [or is that only the case on my phone], but still. I'm still feeling a bit fatigued but at least this one is of a different kind. The kind you get from lazing around the whole day. There was a time when I could do nothing for months on end but I don't think I can do that anymore. As much as I sometimes complain about work, and mostly it's about the waking up before first light, it's actually good for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Princess said...

Glad to have you back Samborera. I trust your surgery and recovery went well!!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 2:53:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Thanks. The surgery went ok and I've not had any complications. Some stitches have actually come off [rather than dissolve]. Had myself some good rest.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 7:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home