Sunday, May 25, 2008

Two years

Is the longest I've worked in one place. Got to that milestone last week. As surprised as anyone at how long I've been here, and how fast time moves these days.

At the time of joining, I was in a daze. Had just quit my dream job and wasn't sure what to do next. Sent out my CV cause that's what people did, and attended a couple of interviews cause I was asked to. Apart from the Safcom one that is. I'd not even thought to apply for jobs before that time. So I figured one job would be as good [bad] as the other and it would be the first guy to call me up who'd win the prize.

I think 2 years of serving one master is good enough and a guy ought to contribute to others. So there have been a number of new experiences. Some haven't been what I wanted, but you can't always have M&Ms for breakfast.

So why am I in the office at midnight on a Saturday. I convinced myself that I have to do some stuff over the weekend cause some guys will need some data on Monday and I won't be in the office on Monday. And seeing as I sleep all of Sunday, I had no choice. But like a jamaa who I like quoting says. I don't have to do anything.

Not sure how much further the record will go.

1 Comments:

Blogger matejivu said...

Can't play angel on this. I enjoyed that shit. no pretence.
in life a guy has to screw up once and get up at some point. Life aint easy and can't blame a guy for trying to live.
Go easy. i know u will be okay. may take a few months or years at max, but u will be able to avoid some load along the way and come out stronger.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 12:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home