Thursday, February 23, 2006

What the...

I went to Safcom's new building today afternoon. I got a call last week about going for an interview there. I'd decided not to blog about my job seeking travails.

Anyway, so I check into the place. Actually, I made through a rather oddly placed entrance. I'm not an architect so I didn't give it much more thought, only to be stopped by a guard who tried to explain to me that I had just walked through an exit. Bemused, I walked over to what was the correct entrance. I was in shock. Full body metal detector walk through thingy, lights, like 5 guards. It's like they were expecting an attack. When I got to the actual building, more large, security type individuals, in some dark blue suits. What could they possibly be keeping in there. Is this the reality of the post 9/11 world. In contrast, for the building where our offices are, all one needs to do is to sign in at some book on the ground floor. I'm sure Superman, or Father christmas has been to our building if those sign in books are looked at. Kwanza I wonder where they keep those books. There's a new one like every other day, considering the number of people who frequent the building. Shish.

5 Comments:

Blogger Athena said...

Why? Why? Let us know of your job seeking travails

Friday, February 24, 2006 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Girl in the Meadow said...

When i used to go to Safaricom kitambo, i felt a bit dehumanized with all those detectors.
i am with Athena tell us how it went with Celtel

BTW can you promise

Monday, February 27, 2006 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Well, I'm starting at Celtel this Wednesday.

Promise? That I/we will make it for the kenyan bloggers get together? I don't know. Buffet park is a favourite of aJamaa's though.

Monday, February 27, 2006 3:59:00 PM  
Blogger Girl in the Meadow said...

Do you feel like being a bit commital on that?

email me skylwanathotmail.com
Aah you got a good deal ha!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Girl in the Meadow said...

Do you feel like being a bit commital on that?

email me skylwanathotmail.com
Aah you got a good deal ha!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home