Saturday, June 02, 2007

Dreads and Double DDs

There's this time I was in the company of a couple of women who declared their inclination towards guys with dreadlocks. Not a revelation as such. These types are chic magnets [apparently 0.5 knows a thing or two about magnets]. Was never quite sure what it was that made women give them that look. The look that said they were totally taken by them. The look that said "take me". Take me now". What made women throw themselves at them, literally. The guys never seemed to put in much effort. No romantic moves or humorous quips. Sure, I was jealous. I wanted to be them. But intrigue was far more powerful than envy. What was it exactly. What was the nature of their beacon. Well, a beacon by definition can't be explained.

All this was brought to the fore of my mind as I was reading [skimming?] through a newspaper the other day. An article by the same guy who talked about geeks making better mates. I like that column. The guy made a mention of [straight?] women being attracted to masculine men. OK. That sounds rather dumb [duh] when I say it. The point I think was that there's some instinctive, primordial, hard coded attraction for women towards masculinity. The more the better? Although he did also mention that [straight?] women fancy female bodies just about as much as the male form. I think I've remembered the the real reason this article interested me so. So much for the metrosexual. No wonder dreadlocked dudes have to beat the women off with sticks. Loads of hair has got to be as primeval a feature as one is going to get. Anyway, macho is a term used before for this masculinity. If you're oozing machismo, you're set.

What is good for the goose, of course, is good for the gander. Men fancy feminine women. Although I'm not sure where my finding of women with short hair hot puts me. And not every guy likes big busted [bootyed] women. I guess they are the exception that proves the rule.

Powerful forces at work. A host of defaults in the game of attraction.

3 Comments:

Blogger 0.5 said...

No I dont!

Monday, June 04, 2007 7:56:00 AM  
Blogger Malaika said...

i was told, last year, that men with dreadlocks only date white women. i never noticed the connx b4 then, but i sure do now. its rather true here in the states. now, i don't even glance at their faces....y waste the effort

Thursday, June 07, 2007 6:37:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

0.5 - It's not such a bad thing though, being a chic magnet? [speaking generally]

malaika - That truth seems to be universal. And I've always wondered about the apparent spell white [or tending towards white] women have over brothers. I for one find black women way hotter.

Monday, June 11, 2007 8:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home