Thursday, May 31, 2007

Return of the Celtese

It was one of the days that shook Nairobi. In my circles at least. Got word around mid morning of some significant pay rises for the Celtese [copyright 0.5]. I know certain sections of the IT workforce had been experiencing serious haemorrhage. More significant than I had seen at one of my former employers. More than what I'm seeing at my current employer. It's the nature of things I guess, these days. How people ever worked at one place all their lives is a mystery.

I'm not sure whether this change in fortunes was as a result of departures, arrivals [of new management] or just a general reevaluation of the status quo. It always makes me happy though to see good things coming the way of other guys. And I do know a few people who should be a bit happier. A lot better off. Deservedly so. Some guys who were considering making a dash for it should be staying put. I know of at least one guy who'd like to go back. The HR department must be swamped with new job applications. Their bottom line may take a bit of a hit but I've always figured that "good" renumeration benefits an organisation in the long run. Then again I know nothing about running a business.

1 Comments:

Blogger matejivu said...

i guess they checked their internet server logs and found safcom.com/careers very common. A year ago one used to work for months, create a decent profile, then leave 4 anaa company for more. They used to call it Celtel Academy.
And then this telkoms compe. Rise above the rest. It not only benefits customers. if a new mobile operator comes in, for the celtese, sky is the wallet limit.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home