Friday, May 18, 2007

Bread crumbs. Freshly baked

So my sis declares that she's going to get ingredients for a component of supper. [We were to look around the fridge for the other stuff to eat. I love our house] Can't remember what she called this particular speciality. Must have been one of those strange, exotic names [because I asked twice] people give to perfectly ordinary food. Like calling dania something that sounds like only the queen would have access to. Or like something out of the 18th century, that only the queen would have access to. I actually used to wonder which upmarket markets these items were bought at. [Yes. I did watch a couple of cookery shows]

She's going to get some eggs and bread crumbs. I didn't think about it much at the time, apart from the images of a couple of eggs and some brown bread that came to mind. The stuff, whatever she called it [egg something I believe] was absolutely scrumptious. It was much later that I was in the kitchen and noticed a packet of some brown stuff. It said, simply, bread crumbs. Still nothing registered but something did strike me as odd. I leaned in to take a closer look. Yup. Freshly baked bread crumbs. From Uchumi no less. They sell bread crumbs? Bake them even?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home