Monday, February 18, 2008

Run it off

Been on some nasty medication the last few weeks that is supposed to prevent me from getting some nasty little disease that has also stopped me from drinking apart from last Friday when there was a firm thing and I decided to have just one drink so as not to look anti-social and ended up staggering home at around 4. As far as I can tell there were no side effects, hangi was kind of the same so maybe the doc was just being mean when they told me not to drink. But one thing the meds have been doing is getting me drowsy and a little nauseous. As a result I have not been out for a run for a while. And seeing that running is my hobby and drinking is what I do since I am not very good at my hobby I spent most of the weekend indoors. Its now 1223 and I am so drozy tempted to go out to the parking lot and take a nap in the car. I bet they wont miss me, I am anti-social after all and dont have too much work to do today. Why do something today when you can postponed it till just before the deadline, has always worked for me. So why are my drowsy, I must have slept over 30 hours since Friday evening, I should be rested bubbling with energy, your every day energiser bunny. I should knock of early, at lunch time, pretend to be going for some serious client meeting. There must be benefit in working in the same place for nearly five years. At some point they must looking at your work keenly and you must stop looking over your shoulder wondering if they have finally realised you are incompetent.

But I cant go home early, I promised myself I will run it off today evening have not done it for a while. Fantasised about doing 5kms in 30 minutes to Jay-Z's blue print most of jana so I have to do it today evening and I know if I stay away for too long it will be harder when I return. I went home early most days last week and realised I dont know how to just chill and put my feet up anymore. So I need to run it off every evening just to kill time especially since I am scared of drinking mid-week. Actually dont enjoy the drinking as much as I used to probably why I dont do it that much anymore. So I am right where I started, got a hobby to fill in the time I was not drinking and then stopped drinking so still have a lot of time on my hands and nothing to do with it. I will go for lunch early, that will sort out the drowsines, and have a nice big ugali with some chicken breast but looking around there is no one I want to go for lunch with. Another effect of having been here too long. Most of the guys (all 2 of them) I used to do lunch with have moved on. So now I either have to go for lunch alone or go with some of the newer guys. I don't do lunch with chicks, because I feel pressured to say something. With guys I dont have to do anything.


I have not made any sense I did not intend to. Something needs to happen I am dying inside.

3 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

Pole bana. Medication to prevent you from getting ill? Must be a nasty one that.

We all should run [jog/trot] more. I tend to start, then end up having days when I leave the office at sunset [like today], and before long I'm not running any more.

My insides started dying long ago, but I'm still here, so don't worry about it.

Monday, February 18, 2008 6:02:00 PM  
Blogger aJamaa said...

When you starting paying substantial amounts of money to run. It becomes easier. I have also found that it helps me get out of the office at 6 and there are also some fringe benefits like that occasional good looking chik who shows up at the gym and runs next to me with some biker shorts and a sports bra.

Friday, February 22, 2008 11:10:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Ati you go to which gym again?

Friday, February 22, 2008 8:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home