Monday, February 04, 2008

Hiding

I'm in the office. Scared of heading home. This is a silly thing to say I know. I'm not married, though it certainly feels that way. I think this is why most married guys spend their time in the pub after work. The missus wants to have a word. Coconuts says she wants to see me. On any other day that would be OK. I can just sit there and be seen. But when you are in the process of breaking up with someone, although she doesn't know it (or has she used that fabled female intuition and surmised something's up? - even more reason to stay in the office), it becomes a problem.

Just to clear things up, no I don't live with her but for some reason I'm thinking it'll be very difficult to tell her I'm not going home now when I already told her I'm not going to pint tonight (should have seen what she was up to before I answered that one. Just thought she was making conversation. I'm so stupid!). Then if I do leave and start heading home then she calls, and she will call, she will know I'm still not in the office and haven't informed her I'm heading home. Then she will get pissed and I don't like that (need to grow a pair).

Then there's the fact that there was a party at digs and she wasn't invited. There's still some liquor around and leftover nyamchom in the freezer, my dining room table is still outside, in the compound, some wine somewhere, crisps, biscuits, chevda...all the signs that there was a party there. The same party I had said has been moved to March.

Same party I met some neighbour lady who said she'd pass by today. Wait a sec! What am I doing here? Bollocks. I'm off.

3 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

Yet another 20 year old?

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 8:07:00 AM  
Blogger Kamikaze said...

20year old sounds about right.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 9:08:00 AM  
Blogger 0.5 said...

Don't touch that! I do not imagine you want to rent a house when you already own one.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 5:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home