Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Dating a customer care chic

Ok. Truth be told, I haven't dated in years. I think there was the one chic in campus, first year. I'm assuming of course that 2 week relationships don't count.

So I got a number a couple of weeks ago. There's nothing like a new number to get me all excited. In truth, I was a bit apprehensive. The news that she works for Celtel customer care reminded me of another acquaintance who's in the same job and the general difficulty I've had keeping in touch with people who work shifts. Unpredictable and everchanging shifts. There's this other chic I know who's a nurse. Similar thing. How do guys do it. Probably meet up after work, on the days when they're getting off work while the sun is still up. I like going straight home after work. Frustrating.

As it is, my newest acquaintance is still in training and hasn't started actual work [and shifts] yet. A meet-up wasn't thought prudent right away. Initially. To build up the excitement or something. For some reason she changed her mind soon after. I'd just had surgery though and wasn't in any physical or mental state to take her up on the offer to go over to her place. [She recently moved out]

She seemed nice enough. Full of energy. I'm the one making most of the contact though. She asks me to please call her quite a bit. Story of my life. She's asked me to get a Celtel line so that she can call me from work. I understand her frustration even as I feel my own.

Met her briefly on Sato. She was making her way from westi after a Friday night out. [insert another story here]. I was in town paying some bills. I had a big, green umbrella with me. It actually felt like a walking stick. So much for first impressions.

We'll see how it goes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. S,
First of all I've missed you heaps! I'm glad you're back and I guess the operation went well.

Hope it all works out with Ms. Customer Care :-)

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 4:53:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

The operation did go well. I still have stitches though, but it's all good.

I don't exactly date. Never have. Me and her are just friends? Oh boy.

If you weren't so anonymous, you wouldn't have to miss me. I don't exactly blog everyday.

Thursday, October 26, 2006 2:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home