Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Hi. My name is Samborera

I've never sent an sms to someone I've not met beforehand. That was before Sunday. Now I must confess that I've thought about it before, but the thought of the random number I'd chose belonging to some dude always put me off. If I knew for sure that a certain number belonged to a chic, I'd probably have sent out quite a number of these. I'm surprised I haven't joined the bandwagon of sms dating/match making services. Perhaps a little too close to the lonely hearts column for my comfort. Besides, if I really wanted a number that bad all I'd have to do is hang out with the profilic duo of Kamikaze and 0.5 [the current version as opposed to the old one].

The reason I like sms is that you have time to think about something [witty/funny] to say. This is vital for those of us who don't have a constant stream of lines to mesmerise the ladies. I think I took an hour composing the thing. Do I use Samborera, or do I use Sam. Sam is more sexy, but is that the path I want to go down right off the bat. I'll keep it quasi-conservative. Samborera. [If this was to one anonymous Renisa, I'd of course have started, "Hi. My name is Mr. S". I tell you, I could get used to being called "Mr. S"]

Anyway, so how do you chat up a chic you've never met before, and have no get-out-of-jail situation a la "Do you come here often", "So you like lingala music". And stepping up to a chic you've been dying to talk to takes a lot of Dutch courage. I don't know how I used to do it while sober. Oh yeah. I wasn't sober. I was on drugs.

My one hour sms did pay off. She did reply. And not to ask what kind of moron I was. I can't have done too badly. I could get used to this. A guy can't get too much practice.

8 Comments:

Blogger 0.5 said...

Prolific? Couldn't help grinning at that one.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:47:00 AM  
Blogger 0.5 said...

Testing a comment. See, the thing is this one might reach, but Google has some tight security rules bla bla bla bla bla

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 2:50:00 PM  
Blogger Princess said...

I have finally figured out why I enjoy reading your posts so much...it is because you are as "real" as they come!! For instance, the conversation you were having with yourself regarding whether to use Sam or Samborera is similar to a conversation most people would have regarding calling someone that they barely know. I know I always prepare what I will say in the event I get the person's voicemail.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 8:07:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

0.5 - Is that modesty or denial. Yourself and Kamikaze have surely deleted more numbers than I've gathered this year.

princess - Finally! Vidication!
Jokes aside, I'm a real kind of guy. As every introvert on this blog is. WYSIWYG. And if you think I'm real now, you should have seen me before I became self-conscious and reserved.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 7:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. S,
Congratulations on finally sending the sms!!!...and that she replied!!

You know, (and I'm not sure I should be writing this...but since no one knows who I am..) I've done that before, except not with random numbers, but with guys I knew.....but didn't know me (I guess some people would like to call that stalking).And the guys loved it..because they were intrigued I guess.I don't know if ladies would react the same way though.

Oh, and I like the introduction of your sms to me.Has lots of potential ;-)

Thursday, October 05, 2006 4:02:00 PM  
Blogger Girl next door said...

sms is a great way to communicate, less pressure.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 9:34:00 PM  
Blogger Kelitu said...

Am i the only one who has domez on sms?

Friday, October 06, 2006 7:43:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Renisa - Is that you winking at me? We could take this out of the hypothetical realm you know. But that's for another day.

girl next door - seems like we'd get along fine

Kelitu - seems like we'd not get along so fine.

D - You know you can call me what you like. I'd never leave you high and dry...

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 4:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home