Monday, October 02, 2006

I have a pal who wants a man

For the second Sunday evening in a row, I get an sms that makes me go hmmm. I can't even remember the last time somebody hooked me up [or attempted as much cause I don't think there were any successes]. I think I remember now. I was 10.

So. Am I interested. I don't know what to say, but I try not to blow the suggestion off outright. The first thing that comes to mind is the apparent dearth of men in this town. Good or otherwise. There was a time I was asking one Dr. Kigz the genesis of this apparent gender imbalance. Did all the men get sent to jail, or join the army and got shipped off to Dafur. Are they all suspected gangsters and have been shot by the cops. What. You go out these days and you see lots and lots of chics. And not only at night. Not that I'm complaining, but the question I was asking is where did they all come from.

Back to my sms. I try not to dismiss the suggestion outright. Ask for information from the chic who is 'recommending' me. She works for Celtel. Customer care dept. 22, luo, slim. [I'm hoping this description is common enough not to identify the person in question] What else do I want to know. I was asking for more information to stall this process. Her number? I send an exploratory sms. We'll see how it goes.


PS:
I have so many posts I want to put up. Since Kamikaze has started posting though, the blog probably can't handle all the stuff it'll be getting. Coming soon:

Dating a customer care chic
Age ain't nothing but a number?
My mum wants grandchildren

1 Comments:

Blogger 0.5 said...

Hebu you post! Now! There were days when they were almost 10 fresh posts everyday.

I can't wait!

Monday, October 02, 2006 8:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home