Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ms.

I was having a look at a paper the other day. Tuesday or something. It had that pictorial section where a couple of pages are filled with all sorts of corporate types giving out prizes and other similar stuff. I know someone in our marketing department so I started wondering who one has to pay to get on there. And how much. In any given week there must be hundreds of launches and CSR events.

As I went through the pics, something else jumped at me. On each and every one of them, when you read the caption, it talked of Ms. So and so [doing this or the other]. Each and every one. Single. OK. Not married. Perhaps it's just me, but I find it an indication of something not quite right with the world. Sure, women can do what they want. With other women even. But I wanted to believe that at least some of them would like or prefer to be hitched. But aren't because of an apparent dearth of men. I didn't do sociology [there was that course, fundamentals of development. Malthusian doom is all I remember from that one. Not that I know what that was exactly] but I can't help but get the feeling that there a lot of lonely souls out there. Lots of guys willing to get with the gals on one side and lots of gals wanting guys on the other. But they never meet. Kamikaze has no trouble meeting 20 year olds. Not sure he minds actually, but he's the kind of guy the women in the pictorials would fancy hanging out with. All manner of fruits notwithstanding. Eligible bachelor right there. With his own house even. Giving aJamaa a run for his money.

Perhaps it's just me, and everyone is happy with the way things are. I don't know.

2 Comments:

Blogger aJamaa said...

It is because of guys like you who are selfish and ask questions like "A galfriend for what?" That there are a number of Ms.

Friday, February 22, 2008 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger matejivu said...

This are women in marketing.
They know a thing or two about gettng laid. You can climb the corporate ladder on your back. The moment a title mrs comes and taps run dry. Financially.
And you were wondering who to bribe.
Hahaaaa!

Friday, February 22, 2008 3:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home