Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My chic

Wait. Wait. There are no dramatic revelations following. Probably should have thought about the title a bit longer. I've all but forgotten how to do this.

Anyway. As I was saying. There's this guy I know [and again I'm not refering to myself] who's sentences are eternally punctuated by "my chic". My chic this and my chic that. When I was ... my chic... The other day ... my chic... I find it interesting that all these pronunciations are made with a straight face, even as I flinch every single time. Sure, the guy will likely marry this particular gal, and how else does one refer to his chic when he's mentioning something in which she's involved. Well, you could not refer to her at all [think of something else to talk about when you find yourself about to refer to her], or call her by some other name. Like bananas, or coconuts, or wednesday. Anything but "my chic", or the other common [worse] alternative, "my galfriend". I have nothing against romance, and would probably find myself doing the exact same thing if [IF] I get to a similar situation, and go gaga about someone. [I dread the day. Bitter-sweet is the oxymoron of choice I believe] Right now though, I just find it strange.

P.S: I met my one almost-chic the other day. She's married, with a 3 year old kid.

4 Comments:

Blogger 0.5 said...

Haiya! She might be as spectacular as Jessica Alba. [NSFW] In that case, the chap is allowed to paint her name on his fingers, toe nails and forehead.

Ama the guy's jumpers have been totally reset. Now does not that totally spook a guy out?

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 5:56:00 PM  
Blogger Three types of Crazy said...

Kwani, "my chic" has no name?

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 8:20:00 PM  
Blogger Princess said...

I had no idea some guys spoke about their chicks that much.

@three types of crazy...I agree..he should just start using her name seeing as he always talks about her.

Thursday, May 17, 2007 7:53:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

0.5 - She probably is. Never met her. We don't actually hang out as such. If I were to hook up with that Gabrielle Union lookalike in the Safaricom ads, you'd never hear the end of it.

crazy X 3 - I've never heard a name mentioned. Perhaps I should ask.

princess - So it is odd, and it's not just me being jealous or something.

Friday, May 18, 2007 7:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home