Friday, December 08, 2006

This n That

I had the previlege of organizing a meeting yesterday. It is a harrowing experience. Sending the invite was not enough, you have to call the buggers one by one, to remind them that they agreed to attend the meeting. I am not against the ladies here, but they drag their legendary lateness into office matters as well. There are rumours doing the rounds that I am a bit gruff and unprofessional in the way I do things. They would prefer my manager to run the show. Hmmmmm.....
Actually, I would prefer my manager to run the show. I bet this came from a conversation I had with a colleague.

Her: I won't make the meeting.
I: Another engagement? I checked your calendar, it was free.
Her: Something came up.
I: Can you send someone to represent you?
Her: Who?
I: How the f* do I know? I didn't say that
I: Anyone who has authority to make decisions on your behalf?
Her: Just postpone the meeting (not a request, an order)
I: Errr,..no. Can't
Her: Well, you will just have to do without me.
I: Thats fine. I will send you a copy of the decisions that will be made.
Her: You can't do that! (Righteous indignation) There are action points which my input is needed.
I: Then in that case I shall initial your decision points as pending your review and proceed with the rest of the stuff.

She turned up. That usually works. No one likes their name to be associated with the delay of a project.

Must Have Movies:
Sin City
Gladiator
The Quick and The Dead (Gene Hackman is brilliant in this one)
Analyze This
Kill Bill
Man on Fire (Remember that line: Forgiveness is between them and God, mine is to arrange the meeting.[Wham! Blows a guy off with a bazooka] One of the best lines scripted, ever)
Matrix (first one)
Red Rock West (not many people have watched this one)
The Terminator (second)

Star Studded cast, Huge disappointment
Royal Tenenbaums
Duplex
SWAT
Swordfish (ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!!!!!!)
Red Planet


Gentlemen, how are 30 year-old or therebouts women? These 20 somethings fall awfully short.

5 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

I don't like organising stuff, or generally being responsible for things.

On the women, I have no idea. I have my fantasies but that's about it.

Friday, December 08, 2006 2:28:00 PM  
Blogger Princess said...

"Man on Fire" and "Analyze This" are the only two that I have seen from this list.

Saturday, December 09, 2006 2:59:00 AM  
Blogger mama shady said...

woi!enyewe,as an 'under30'i would agree that most chics have just been ondoleaing us rangi!however,most women will have issues !whether theyre 30, 17 or 24!so just pata one thats dealt with them!

Sunday, December 10, 2006 3:20:00 AM  
Blogger aJamaa said...

After going on and one about how unreasonable women are a guy who usually makes sense, aka foul mouth, told me that the problem was I was treating women (in their early 20s) like adults. My gut feel tells me there is a certain truth in that statement I have not conceptualised yet but I trust my instincts.

I think the unreasonableness in gals is especially bad when they are in their early twenties and it gets magnified if the guy who they are seeing is around thirty.

Like the way you handled that meeting. I will definately re-use.

Monday, December 11, 2006 7:44:00 AM  
Blogger Girl next door said...

It's stressful getting a group of people together for anything that doesn't include free food and alcohol=)

I add my vote for Sin City and Kill Bill.

What's with hatin' 20somethings? It's alright though, there some guys who like us.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home