Saturday, October 07, 2006

Everyone is the man in their own hood

That's a line from some DMX song, can't remember the title. Guess it just
means that. You go to someone else's hood, you can't be the man.

People here act like this is their hood, and everyone is the man/woman
around here. This is no ones hood. Maybe I'm not saying this right. Still
abit tipsy - 0.5 and aJamaa should still be in bed now. I think I am the
only person awake now. Dangit! I digress.

Its not exactly everyone. Two ladies in particular. Lets call them - uhm,
lets see - mijit and ovabear. Good. Yup, thats it.

Mijit - The Story.

She knows all the "big people". And will keep reminding you of that fact.
Stories are repeated whimsically. On the spur of the moment. Again and
again. "Mimi, If I have a problem xyz, I just call the....Like this day
someone hit my car, I didn't even get out of the car, just called....I need
to use the phone, have to call....Mheshimiwa is coming to the office, I will
bring him around to greet you guys." Dangit!!


Ovabear - Foul Mouthed *&%^£!

This one is on a whole other level. She has managed to get on the wrong side
of everyone in the office. Thats some skill right there. She claims she
doesn't give a hoot what people think. "Mimi! Wacha wajaribu. Kamikaze si
unanijua? Ehe. I don't care. Nani? Hawawezi. Livewire. Eeee. They know I am
fire..." Natter natter natter. On and on. Always in people's bizniz. "What
is happening here? Aaaah. Hiyo si shida. I know these things. Kamikaze,
niulizange hizi vitu". Then she assumes everyone will jump when she wants
something. Walking around with some juvenile swagger. Smirking all the time.
This one!!! Aaaah!

I forgot one other person. Okay, this one doesn't really feel like the
man/woman here. Lets call her - no not that, something I can write down. She
is always complaining. Everything always goes wrong with her. High-pitched
voice. It carries-I hear they say that about some voices. Always telling
other people about what someone has done or is doing wrong, and why it will
fail. Claiming to suffer in silence, when she is busy telling us about it.
Loves blowing up stuff. Her approach, Impeccable. You would think she just
found out someone is embezzling, and she is afraid to say. When you find out
what she is talking about; the most mundane of issues. Whispered in low
conspirational tones. Quite unnerving. Aaaa. Didn't give her a name. I'll
let you know if I come up with one.

Brain is still in reverse.
I am the man in this hood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home