Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Age ain't nothing but a number?

I can't remember the last time I met a chic who wasn't younger than me. There are loads of lovely young ladies out and about this town. I've asked a number of times where chics our age are. Answers have ranged from "they're married", "at home taking care of their kids" or "they hang out in more posh places".

I do fancy older women, but have no real prejudices or presets about the 'type' of woman I'd be attracted to. I haven't had much luck with the teens. There seems to be a generation gap of sorts. Maybe I just don't have the energy or I'm not as exciteable. Or is it the fact that I'm not a fan of G-Unit or the latest crop of hip hop and R&B artistes. Or is it crunk. Generally I just have a problem relating.

All this pales in comparison though, to my real mental block when it comes to hooking up with younger chics. My small sis. She's 20, I think. The thought of hanging out with her agemates absolutely mortifies me. I try to keep away from her friends and classmates. And I've met a couple who I've found interesting. But I surely daren't act in any manner that could be construed as inappropriate.

I guess when everyone gets older, age differences aren't a big deal or in any way inappropriate. In the meantime, I probably need to get me some 50 cent boots, start listening to the Ying Yang twins and hope I don't get any questioning looks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Go away...being twenty doesnt mean you have to listen to 50cent or whoever else it is...you seem to know them better, but for real some if not most especially those who have to go to work don't really want all the noise...I sometimes think my mom lied to me about my age...I always think am a bit much older than she put in my birth certificate...I would say..men at 20 listen to all that loud crap and wanna be gangsta and all, but girls...a a They are all grown and dont wanna be bugged and all...

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 2:39:00 PM  
Blogger Komi said...

Ati all the ladies your age are married or hang out in posh places ha ha.
As for having problems relating, tuko wengi.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 12:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home