Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Going under the knife

I went to see a surgeon today. Just to confirm what I already knew. That I'd be having surgery sooner or later. After a 5 min chat, the guy tells his assistant to book a theatre for next Monday. I tried to make excuses that I'd need to talk to my employer to see if it'd be covered. That was too soon. As it is, I probably got a reprieve of a week or two.

I went to the theatre to ask about how much the procedure would cost. Went through a door with a large red sign saying visitors aren't allowed. I walk in meekly to the sight of guys in those green/blue outfits. What hit me though is that they were wearing some white, heavy looking gumboots. I soon realised that they were actually doctors and not the guys who clean up after. You don't quite see that on the ER-type TV shows. Scary thoughts started creeping into my head. Some are still lingering. I can't quite focus. All this for removal of some teeth.

6 Comments:

Blogger Princess said...

What type of surgery are you having? Are you having your wisdom teeth removed? Dentists wearing gumboots would scare me too.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 11:08:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Yeah. They've been giving me some trouble so they need to be removed.

Thursday, September 28, 2006 7:09:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

I had been told as many as 5 years ago that I should have them removed, but like you felt that if they aren't giving me problems, I'll just leave them at that.

Thursday, September 28, 2006 1:19:00 PM  
Blogger Princess said...

@samborera and philospoha...I had mine extracted because one was bone impacted and I was drugged the entire time. Come to think of it I passed out even before he started to extract them at 7:30am and did not wake up until 3:00 pm and then went home and slept until 6:00pm and when I finally woke up I passed out while trying to fix some oatmeal. The point to the story is if you get affected by medication like I do you will sleep through it. However, if you go to a horrible dentist you will look like a chipmunk for days. Fortunately my dentist was awesome, but my friends were not so lucky..LOL!!

Thursday, September 28, 2006 11:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Methinks someone irked the toothfairy and the earthlings are paying the price.

(See also Potash)

Ne t'inquiete pas: that, it seems, is the general way of wisdom teeth.

This too shall pass.

Rombo

Saturday, September 30, 2006 1:03:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

So is this a modern phenomenon. I can't see my grandmum's generation going in for surgical disimpaction. From what I've seen here [and I know 2 other people who've had this done, it seems it's pretty common.]

Rombo - Hey there. I've missed you. [Ok, perhaps that's the fear of surgery talking, but all of a sudden I have a big smile on my face. You should see it]. I'll try not to worry myself [it's been almost 10 years since I was in a French class. Even then, I never came across the verb inquieter]

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 7:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home