Friday, September 15, 2006

The next one

I've always had one reaction on the realization that I like a chic [or vice-versa], and that is to run. It's not premeditated. It just happens. All the time. The first time was in std 6 when my deskie asked me if I could have lunch with her. During the weekend that is. I was stunned. [girls were really intimidating in std 6] Didn't know what to say. Out of my mouth came the words "Why me? Why not Kenneth?". And it's been the same ever since.

I don't have some childhood trauma or other apparent psycho-social explanations for this reaction. It's almost an involuntary response. The only thing I can think of is the thought of being married that seems to rush to my mind. And it's a scary thought. I was telling 0.5 one night after a similar debacle how I'm probably not cut out for this kind of thing. Relationships and the like. I've had some real prodding recently and it's got me thinking. I'll do an imitation of the guy before the firing squad. No moving or squirming. Definitely no running. No seeing. That's next time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. S,
I landed on this blog totally by accident but I sooo love ur contributions to it....and I totally feel you!!Except of course, I'm female

All my relationships are doomed to disaster (even b4 they begin)..it's like a total fear of the C word..you know committment=catastrophe in my world!!

Sunday, September 17, 2006 4:21:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Renisa - This blog is introverted so I guess it's in order that you'd get to it by accident. I would be interested to know the path of links that brought you to it though. Can't remember the last time I was called Mr but thanks for the sentiments.

So I'm not the only commitment-phobe around. We should form a support group or something.

Monday, September 18, 2006 7:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home