Tuesday, January 24, 2006

ideas please.

Seeing that I have been cornered into a date, I need some inspiration. Why do I need inspiration?

i) We cannot talk football, programming or other mundane things I do.
ii) We cannot talk about the future (I refuse to see beyond now where girls are concerned)
iii) Not about sex either.

That leaves me with just about ......NOTHING! to talk about.

And you might be wondering how I got myself into this predicament?
I will tell you.

There is this chic I met in Hornbill way back in October 2005. Beautiful, nice, the works. I asked for her number, but when I called the next day it was not working. I tried a few more times a few more days later. Same result.
Deleted the number.
Some time in December she calls. Of course that time I have not the slightest clue its her on the other end. I go through the whole "hi, how are you. You are so lost" repertoire when I don't know who is on the other end.

".5, you can't remember me, can you? [long pause] I will remind you. [long lecture follows]".

So I have called a few times. She has called back. Then she announced that she is tiring of phone calls and wants a real tete-a-tete.
With me so far? So here we are.

Ideas are what I need. Things like [just relax and enjoy the company] don't qualify. I am already as relaxed as relaxation can go. I don't want to do "the pretender" routine.
Looks like your tasks are cut and dried. I am listening.

7 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

As I've said before, I'm also clueless when it comes to dates. Sorry. I'd like to come along and watch though.

:-]

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:45:00 PM  
Blogger Bee said...

Ok!!! Here are a few ideas guaranteed to make the date a blast :) As said before you have to be genuinely intersted in learning more about this girl and what makes her tick. people loovve talking about themselves so just ask questions and listen to the answers as that way you'll find windows of opportunities for debates and more conversation. Its really simple questions

I dont know how far you've gone with the phone conversations but first base involves the following
-which schools did you go to
-how many kids are you in yur family
-are you a mummy's girl or daddy's girl (why, whats so great about your mum /dad)
-what do you do on your days off
-where do you work? is this what you had always pictured yourself doing
-what job would you like in 10 years/ where do you see yourself in 10 years 5 years 1 year
-what were you doing or where were you 10 years ago 5 years ag 1 year ago
-what do you love most about your best friend
-what movies do you like, books, music
-what are you looking for in a relationship, what qualities attract you in men? (smile coyly and raise an eyebrow hehehe my bf sooooooo did this)
anyway, you get my drift, ladies love such questions and people that take an interest in knowing them so just ask questions that will make you know her better.

ohhhhhhhhhh, i wish i was going on the date :(

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 7:00:00 PM  
Blogger 0.5 said...

I will do exactly that and see what happens.

My dating model, on the few occasions it has been used, has been disastrous!

Thanks. I will keep you updated. If it is wildly successfully, I will spread the knowledge to dear Samborera!

Now, if only that money can make its way quickly into my bank account!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger Bee said...

Kwani whats your dating model?
oh more advice.. PLEASE be comfortable and confident in your own skin, nothing sexier than someone who is at ease with their real self. Even if you are a shy guy just be honest and say you are shy and do your thing, don't fake during the date, after all you want to be with someone that has fallen in love with the real you, that way you can be yourself and never have to fake for the rest of the relationship. AND if she doesn't like the real you then the date is sucessful because you've scratched off one more person off that list.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 3:25:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

"Which schools did you go to"? We definitely think very differently. I'd never ask any of those suggested questions on a date - and .5 is unlikely to convince me otherwise. All the best though.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 4:48:00 PM  
Blogger Bee said...

Well, they are v. good icebreakers and good questions if you want to know someone

Friday, January 27, 2006 9:13:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

I much rather prefer "You are absolutely gorgeous" for an ice breaker, but that's just me.

Saturday, January 28, 2006 11:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home