Monday, January 23, 2006

things .....

I am yet to accept
That there are female touts manning our mathrees. And they are just as rough and unkempt as their male peers. This is taking the battle for equality to a whole new level.

There is a Mira Sorvino look-alike on SuperSport 3 commenting on matters football. Which is not bad, but she wears a thick layer of makeup, giving the impression that her face is made of glossed granite. Interesting. These marketing-PR people never fail to amaze me.

A certain conversation we hold rarely, but the few times it happens leaves me jarred.
(said)
MV [a good lady friend]: Gee .5, are you OK?
0.5: Me? I am good, never been better.
MV: OK .5, you give me a heads up if you need anything...

(meant)
MV: Dude, you look hungry, broke and miserable. I have some spare cash, because I am not reckless like you.
0.5: Of course I am broke and miserable. But I will not accept your helping hand,for the moment. Thanks anyway.
MV: Yeah. You go have a bite of that pride of yours. But you can still see me if things get thick.

She is priceless

On any given day of the week, I can never find adequate space to hang my laundry to dry. Makes you wonder, how many sets of clean clothes can a person wear in one go?

Maids have this NASTY habit of sitting squat on the stairs, having chatter, or making their hair. Blocking everyone's way in the process. And making me lose my head on a naturally good day like Saturday. As if that is not enough, you are hardly out of earshot before they start making rude jokes about you.

Why anyone would want me to give them phone credit? Especially when its not me they want to talk to? And it is not an emergency?
Do people stop to think why SMS was built into phones? Because a whole lot can be squeezed into 160 characters.

I do not understand

Why do complete strangers (both men and women across a broad age spectrum) keep greeting me? Not that I am complaining.

Why people are not satisfied with the simple introduction:
Hi, I am .5.
And will want to ask you:
What do you do?
And I will say:
I am computer technician.
They will continue:
Precisely what do you do?
And from then on you will be probed, probed and trapped in an everlasting while loop of questions?

Why is it that some people MUST be in a love relationship?
That some men will not give up on a certain woman until they have made absolute jerks of themselves?

Who invented dates? Can't there be a less taxing method of communicating with women? I can bet a good chunk of money that I do more brain cycles when I am on a date (trying to think of something to say, and that something should funny too, as well as not ridiculous, because I do not desire to be slapped, and it should elicit more conversation, you know domino effect errrgggg!) than when I am writing a C++ routine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bee said...

Obviously as previously pointed out I'm not a geek so why is it a compulsion for me to visit this website like thrice a day?? Well I love this blog because I get to learn so much about Men in Kenya.

For example I now know that
1. Men in Kenya must be really miserly or really broke coz they can't stop complaining about phone credit!! everyday one of you posts
a mini rant about having to call or someone wanting you to call e.t.c

2. Men in Kenya have something against dates... I do understand why people might have reservations when it comes to dates but all in all they are not works of the devil!! Dates can be fun and enjoyable! Just relax and enjoy time spent with another human being

3. Hurrahh!! There is a lot of young, working, eligible bachelors in Kenya!!(the catch is, you'll have to get over the fact that they'll never call you or take you out on a date because they have a serious aversion to said things.)

So i'm still learning more with each post in preparation for my return home..Unless I'm making a mistake in taking you guys as a conclusive sample of men from Kenya :)

Monday, January 23, 2006 9:00:00 PM  
Blogger 0.5 said...

(griiiiin).

That was funny.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Ati we are miserly? Broke some of us may be lakini miserly can't be used to describe anyone who contributes to this blog. I don't know about anyone else but I'm not rich enough to call all those people who won't ever call me back.

If you ask around, you'll find that men all over consider dates a necessary evil. I won't even push this any further, seeing as I have a serious case of commitment phobia.

There are definitely a lot of young, working eligible bachelors around. All that crap of "there are no good men" is exactly that.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 10:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home