Saturday, March 06, 2010

Getting out of the friend zone

There are few things worse than finding yourself in the friend zone. Except perhaps having a gangrenous leg sawn off without anaesthetic.

aJamaa carried me along to one of these get together things that have nyama as a central agenda. Looking around, I couldn't help but think of some of the gals there as interesting. OK. So perhaps I like some of them. But I'm so far in the friend zone with these ones that any kind of possibilities can't even be considered. I'm like a friend of a friend of an acquaintance. And the gals probably think that I only look at them in that way.

The sad thing about this friend business is that you end up doing all sorts of counterintuitive things. Instead of saying "I think you're hot", you go on and on about useless things like "how was your day". Then again if you escape the alcatraz that is the friend zone, you're likely to land in the cold and treacherous waters of complicated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home