Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Religious right

I am not one to question how/where/what anyone worships but recent events have caught my eye.
Some days ago i passed by neno evangelical something, situated at close to kobil on Haile sellase avn. this is the church/cash cow/cult that was in the news some time ago where the she-pastor (whats a female pastor called?)in exchange for lots of cash could 'cure' HIV only if the guys went for confirmation of the cure to clinics of her choice. The parking area of this building/tent looked like a car sales yard, with 2 hummers, several harriers & some choice german makes plus the usual toyos. I wud hav thought that for an institution that exists to uphold morals that it wud hav closed down after that scam was exposed

I saw on tv that Patnni is a preacher! suprise suprise he has followers! & they are kenyan! they seem to have forgotten that kenya is poor partly due to his gold scam!

On tv, some congregation has been praying for the ressurection of 2 of their pastors who died. Its not 1 deranged guy praying but a whole multitude!

Then some bored 'celebs' sit around & form their own church 'finger of god' why not his elbow or shoulder or hair of god? That esther chick i hear gave a disturbing interview on k24. She actually believes what she said!

My point is, what do these religious leaders give their flock that they lose all logic? I want that stuff! i need that stuff! i need to smoke it, snort it, hell, even inject it!
Imagine if u have these powers, u can command ajamaa: 'bring half of your savings to my hao + a bootle of wine & u will be blessed immensely' you could tell miss Kenya 'benny hinn has prophesied that we will marry, bring forth a kid who shall slay the 666'
You could command a guy who works at say safcom or KDN to get from their databases the phone number & snaps of the chicks who work at customer care for yourself & they will receive gods blessings'
This freedom of worship is a bitch!

3 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

I take the view that anything is possible. Erstwhile normal, even intellectually brilliant folks have done some really strange things. Who knows what goes on in a guy's head, but I'm not brave enough to say I could never do x.

The other view I take is that folks can do whatever they want.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger aJamaa said...

One could always visit one of this churches to see what happens there and see if he also gets swept away by the craze that has swept the rest of the congregation.

Biggest issue I have with churches is that one is not allowed to question. Its like a political rally. There is the righteous all knowing pastor or priest who stands on a podium and says what the want. The rest of us are supposed to listen keenly, take to heart what they say, and live it.

A jamaa cannot put his hand up to seek clarificaton, disagree or share his two sense.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 1:01:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

I tried asking questions. But the more I asked, the more I realised that other folks understandood as little as I did. So I stopped asking.

Friday, February 26, 2010 12:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home