Wednesday, January 07, 2009

That guy

I have tended to find myself in that situation. Not that I like it. Or am I a closet masochist. Boy meets gal. Boy doesn't do or say anything overtly sexual. Boy becomes friend. Boy becomes that guy. That guy that she calls at 2am, crying. Or texts at midnight when her stomach aches. Can't really blame her. It's only natural. If you aren't a lover you must be a friend. It doesn't irk me as much these days. I've become more philosophical and stuff. Age does that kind of thing to you. I can do mundane SMSs. And taking a phone call in the middle of the night, while I'm still awake, doesn't take much out of me. It's not a big deal. I think I can be a friend. Not a very good friend of course, neurosis and all, but I can do some of that stuff. As long as it isn't taken to another level and you turn into that guy. That guy to do shopping with. That guy to chauffeur her when she wants to get drunk. That guy I don't want to be.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really have 'that guy' as I can be pretty independent, but cherish the people I call 'my guys', always there, offering objective 'told like it is facts' and I know nothing sexual will ever happen, so the relationship is very comfortable.

One kinda wishes they could be like that with 'their guy', but I guess it just isn't possible to mix the two.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009 3:22:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Do these your guys think of you as attractive though. Ama they've just accepted the inevitable nothing sexual will ever happen [because you won't let it happen].

Wednesday, January 07, 2009 11:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home