Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Where

I got it into my head that I wanted to get some music. Happened to be in town so I thought I'd pass by Assanand's and see if I could pick up a CD or two. It is the only place I knew where a guy can buy music. Used to go there back in the day. Actually I'd probably not stepped in there in 10 years plus.

First thing that caught my attention was the tapes. They had tapes. How now. Who buys these. Didn't even go near them to see what kind of stuff they had there. Of no use to me those. So onto the shelf with CDs. Is this it, I wondered. There were even fewer CDs than tapes. And the predominant genre of music was anything-but-what-I-liked. Or knew. All sorts of strange fellows. There were like 5 Jim Reeves albums though. Unbelievable. I did ask the attendant if there were more options somewhere. At the back perhaps. Or another shop? A blank stare is all I got back. Couldn't blame the guy. So where does a guy buy music from these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home