Thursday, December 25, 2008

These shoes weren't made for walking

Women never cease to amaze me. Perhaps they really are from another planet. They might as well be. After all, things I consider reasonable appear totally alien to them. Why for instance would one totter around on incredibly thin, high heels. I appreciate the fact that heels make chics more attractive, for some strange reason. But when it's a health hazard, it surely isn't worth it. I value comfort much more than fashion. I may not have a gaggle of gals around me as a result but that's the kind of price I'm prepared to pay. I'm in T-shirt, jeans and sneakers because I find them comfortable. There's no better feeling than comfort. The only time I'll not be wearing these is when there's some binding law that dictates something to the contrary. Like those contracts you sign when you get a job. Otherwise, it's how I always dressed, to church, weddings, funerals, everything.

But this isn't about me. This is about that chic walking ahead of you who would instantly snap her ankle if she were to step on a pebble or something. I thought this kind of footwear was for limited durations, not walking about town. Or going out dancing. How do they do it. I see it but I still don't know how. And I'm not sure they have to do that kind of thing. The difference with the guys wouldn't be that much I don't think with one inch less heel. Not with me anyway. And you can always compensate. Plunging neck lines come to mind. Either way I get the impression sometimes that chics go through all manner of hoops that the guys would not really fuss about. Whatever it is will often be a [much appreciated] bonus but not a necessity. Perhaps it's just me trying to be all logical and stuff. Perhaps they don't feel the cold when it's freezing out and they're showing a bunch of skin. Perhaps they don't endure any pain in those size zero outfits. Perhaps those shoes were made for walking.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't comment about heels, but the plunging necklines and short skirts never cease to amaze me. They don't catch pneumonia or something?

Friday, December 26, 2008 2:04:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

So I take it you don't own any item with a scandalous neckline. I thought it was a requirement. To have at least one of those. For occasions when you want to shock and awe.

Saturday, December 27, 2008 11:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home