Friday, December 12, 2008

I am decrapping

Ambition can be easily frustrated, easily scattered. why even try? this is a question i got to ask myself last week.
Last week mid morning. i am attending an interview. I walk into a room with 1 IT geek, 2 IT clueless guys and a HR chic. Mission- trying to get hired.
No beating around the bush.
The geek goes for my neck on minute one. Not literary, but with rapid fire questions that make you look like a fool.
I mean seriously, you have already proved i know no shit, why harass me in front of everybody. it's like cutting off the neck of Santa Claus in front of kids on a Christmas morning.

And that phrase " without missing details" is a deliberate thing to make you look like a sales guy attending an IT interview.
The geek kept on saying "Remember you are talking to IT guys here. so mention all the technical details including table names, interfaces, processes.
F***K!
anyway Mr. Geek, you got me there. Honestly. made me look like a fool or a career conman.
All the stories i had practiced looked meaningless, totally devoid of any place in this techy butchering.
Now i have to forget all that crap i had practiced, all that hullabaloo about what i have done and my future plans. wawawawa llaalalalalaa!
i have to decrap. getting rid of all that interview bullsh** from my head.
i am decrapping guys. For once they got me there.

6 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

There's a first time for everything I suppose. You're back on the interview circuit? Don't take the excessively techy ones too seriously. Some guys like to use shock tactics. And odds are they won't get too many people to answer their questions anyway so they may still end up calling you back. I thought you wanted to be a manager.

Friday, December 12, 2008 7:11:00 PM  
Blogger matejivu said...

i still do. i will one day. but when things don't look up too well, you play the money card for whatever!
I am back to the hop in between companies till you get the right figure thing. What do do with a 7% increase every year that leaves you in situ.

Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interviews are rarely about the technical (after all, you can read the stuff up when on the job). IMO, as long as you demonstrate general skill, it's more important to have the right chemistry with most of the panel. I'm not familiar with IT interviews, but chemistry gets me halfway there.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 1:13:00 PM  
Blogger matejivu said...

wel, my worst sentiments have been confirmed. in clear print.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:20:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Better luck next time?

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 5:47:00 PM  
Blogger symo said...

...Looks like something I would have written in my biography or autobiography which ever applies later on. Went to this interview where i was asked how many seconds a java socket remains open before it's closed and what you do to keep it alive. Needless to say..I was so harassed I simply walked out. Another guy wanted me to list all networking protocols used in Linux. Insane Managers.

Thursday, January 01, 2009 4:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home