Thursday, January 22, 2009

The B word

It's no secret that women really fascinate me. In all sorts of ways. But I was wondering the other day, as I sat with a chic and she used the B word in reference to other chics. And herself.

I thought it was derogatory or something. Or is that just when guys from my home planet, Mars, use it. Sort of the way black Americans can use certain lingo that white Americans can't. Kwanza I typically sense unease even with the term black. For some reason white folks go out of their way not to say black. I find African-American too long. And I'm not sure it's entirely appropriate as far as accuracy is concerned. Otherwise bantus here would be referring to themselves as Congolese-Kenyans. We did come from those densely forested parts? Cameroon-Kenyan perhaps. Hey. I mostly used to read for exams and after... ignorant bliss.

Is it that the B word is in vogue so using it is cool. Or what does it mean really. Maybe I think it's some sort of four letter word when it isn't. Maybe it's pretty normal for a chic to call her friend such a bitch. Maybe it isn't vitriol laden. Maybe there is no hidden vile emotion behind it. Ni kitu ya kawaida tu.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use it to refer to myself(at times) and ladies I think exhibit similar characteristics.
Babe In Total Control of Herself

Getting offended if someone called me that? Not at all, a word is as derogatory as the recipient chooses it to be IMO.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

In total control of herself. Interesting.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home