Friday, October 05, 2007

Fire Drills

Fire drills. Any organization that recognizes the risk of fires and other calamities have to keep testing their disaster preparedness thro drills as regular as they can. When no-ne is alerted its better.If it's repeated so often, guys just won't agree to be evacuated even if a real fire came.
So i have been seeing this chic for long, lets fire drill this thing. We are walking on a stretch of abandoned structures, it's mid week and lets go

'nanii, i don't know how to tell you this, but it's just not working for me, Don't be worried: it's not for anaa chic. And you will always be special to me.'

She wants me to tell her why.She sobs and her voice is getting heavy by the minute. No response from me in her expected format.Just a
'You will know why and you will thank me, for now just understand that for the good of both of us, we have to part ways. Anyway you can always be calling me-but its basically not happening for us.'

Sweet turn of events: She stops sobbing, pays my bus fare back to tao and we leave each other in peace.
2 days later, i am getting an SMS

It's not easy for one to share their weaknesses, i just want to know if you were serious abt what you said abt us. i want u 2 know i lve u.and u are the best that happened in my life. pls take me back

Man this is deep! i decide not to take this far and just reply.
Hahaa Got Ya!. a smiley.

and 2 minutes am getting anaa message

To tell you the truth, the thot of losing u scares me stiff.
Pliz dont ever do that to me again

------end of drill

Findings:

  1. Someone thinks we got something going
  2. That someone is serious
  3. She's in love with a joke
  4. Woe unto her if she continues to take me seriously
  5. Morale wise, That made me feel good
  6. But am worried for this beauty.
  7. May she be able to take it when the drill turns real someday.
  8. Meanwhile, she got some days with the joke

7 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

"pls take me back"? The pain people must go through...

Friday, October 05, 2007 8:41:00 PM  
Blogger Kamikaze said...

That's just evil. Fire drill. Crazy man. But really though, I think that - and this has to be as earth-shattering as its gonna get - wait for it...Women Are Crazy! There! Isn't that just the most eye-opening thing you've heard today? Take Coconuts for instance. Mr. Matejivu may not remember her but I think you've met (can't be sure, I was probably high at the time). Coconuts invites me to some dinner thingie or fundraising event last night - Friday. I decline. I'd rather hang out at the usual, same ol crowd, same music, maybe even the same seat. It's like home. Then she indicates that there is a bash today - Saturday - and she won't bother to invite me. I - via SMS of course - say I'm very hurt by that. I go ahead and say I shall drink more just because she can't be bothered to invite me. Now, a guy would immediately know that I couldn't give a hoot about some silly bash. Not being invited to one isn't even a proper excuse for drinking (not that I need one). Coconuts on the other hand assumes that I'm actually pissed and sends a mushy message about how she is sorry and other things I'd rather forget. She even calls this morning, just to make sure I'm ok, not pissed, and try and invite me to the said bash. Apparently I'm still thinking about going. Nuts.

Saturday, October 06, 2007 10:51:00 AM  
Blogger Kamikaze said...

Lets talk about Bananas. Again Mr. Matejivu I'm not sure you've met her. I'm not sure about much nowadays. Tuesday evening she says she has baked something. I didn't ask what. She asks if I want some. Baked goods friends, minds out of the gutter. Of course I say yes and suggest that she deliver the baked goods home the next day cause I was still at the office. Everyone is happy. Wednesday arrives and I am hard at work when she asks if I shall be doing the same Wednesday evening routine (drink). I say that I don't know, too early to know, it was around 4pm. Around 5.30 I decide that I shall indeed partake in the usual Wednesday night events - big surprise. I inform Bananas of the same. She doesn't say anything (SMS again. Just love SMSing. No one can see you while you type away falsehoods).
I get to the usual haunt and hook up with 0.5. Then she talks (messages?). Apparently she is very hurt that I am not at home to partake of the baked goods she spent her valuable time on. I totally ignore her. She demands an apology. I laugh like a lunatic (she wasn't there). I ignore her till she tells me she's sorry (the next day). But what was she thinking? It was Wednesday you nut!!! What did you expect? Something to do with sacrifice? I don't think women really know a guy. Do they view guys through some weird glasses? See what is not there? You knew what would happen yet you assumed that it wouldn't because you thought it wouldn't? Does that sound crazy? I think so too. Nuts.

Saturday, October 06, 2007 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Like I said... The pain people must go through.

Saturday, October 06, 2007 1:31:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dayumn! Been there and wasnt one bit sweet. However, it's one thing to 'miscalculate' where the r/ship was thought to be heading, but begging to be taken back? Maaan! When will we ever learn

Saturday, October 06, 2007 11:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You naughty people!

I can not understand it. Is it because it is the Ladies making the first move (as in being honest and actually communicating how they feel about you?)

Give the Ladies a break. Emotions makes one act in a way they normally would not.

@ Kamikaze! I could horse whip you

Sunday, October 07, 2007 1:13:00 AM  
Blogger matejivu said...

This is just nuts! Just bananas!

Monday, October 08, 2007 8:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home