Friday, September 01, 2006

No last dialled numbers

That's normally indicative of a purge of my phone book [and all call lists and smss of course]. This is typically triggered by the need to delete a number or numbers, mostly recently acquired, invariably of the chics who ajamaa mentioned [those who are not good for you]. It's purely an act of self preservation. An attempt to save oneself untold agony.

I seem to run into a lot of flashers. These are definitely not good for your health. There's one with whom I had a long-suffering relationship with. I think she was my first flasher. Sure, I was attracted to her, and kept at it. Calling her up on those lonely [horny?] occasions. She actually flashed me sometime recently, after what must be more than a year. She wanted to go to psys and wondered what my plans were. She was meant to call me when she got there. I understood that to mean she wanted someone to buy her drinks. And if she had called, I would have gone...

It's not all tragic though. I've met a couple [this is said in the literal sense of 2] of chics who I've had interesting phone relationships with. There's this one chic who I used to text a lot. I prefer sms. It's the best for flirting. Anyway, smss were 2.50 then, and I still used to end up spending loads of cash on airtime. Then at some point it hit me that this was my small sister's classmate, and I did an Asafa-Powell. Then there was the 25 minute chic. I definitely could not afford to keep that going.

Today morning, I have no last dialled numbers. That's a story for another post.

5 Comments:

Blogger Princess said...

I suppose everyone purges their contact lists on a regular basis...some of my friends always have to do that after a night of drinking. They wake up and find miscellaneous numbers on their phones because these days guys like to call and verify the number right after you give them your digits..ati to make sure you agve them your real number.

Friday, September 01, 2006 8:11:00 AM  
Blogger 0.5 said...

dude? what were you doing in the office at 7?

Friday, September 01, 2006 9:10:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

princess - Seems chics have different motivation for purging. Phonebooks aren't big enough for the amount of guys who'll probably ask you for your number. I learnt not to ask for numbers from every chic I meet. You just end up bothering someone who may not want too much to do with you. And going through the purge ritual so many more times. I prefer to text first time round by the way [disputing the 'these days guys like to call...' premise].

0.5 - I check into the office by 7. Wake up when it's still dark. Perhaps that explains why I'm tired these days. And sleep at every opportunity. And I'm not a morning person. It's torture.

2 reasons. To ensure I'm at work by 8. Langata road became tricky when they started doing the concrete road for mbagathi way. And I heard coming late accords one a warning letter from HR, so I'm just playing it safe. The other reason [and this is how I console myself] is to surf. My work computer doesn't have access to the net so I have to doea on other guy's PCs.

Friday, September 01, 2006 1:55:00 PM  
Blogger aJamaa said...

Ran into a guy who has an even more effective way of protecting his phone book from random chiks. He leaves his phone in his car when he gets into a pub or club. He then proceeds to give his number to anyone who wants it after warning them that he does not have his phone.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Hmmm. The only reason I carry my phone when I'm out and about is incase something unpleasant happens, like the bar catches fire and I have to tell my folks that I'm in a bar that's burning.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 7:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home