Monday, December 19, 2005

Why I'm never going back to Tropez

I have not been a fan of this popular pub, for reasons I can't quite figure out myself. I happened to pass by this place on Sato night, in the company of aJamaa and a couple of other guys. As usual, there's a melee at the entrance. We try to make our way through the door, but a bunch of us get pulled aside and get asked for our IDs. "What the ...", I mutter to myself. This is insane. I'm probably older than these bouncers asking to see when I was born. I'm not dressed in a manner to suggest that I'm under 18. I'm wearing a sweater for crying out loud! Ok. Fine. Perhaps I look much younger than I really am. Now, aJamaa on the other hand is a respactable member of this society, and he certainly doesn't look like a teenager. He's shaped the lives of several generations of young people walking around this town! Do they figure they're doing us a real big favour by letting us in. As it is, we couldn't get sitting space and exited the place immediately. I'll be more than happy to meet anyone at the door, but having to furnish my ID so that I can have the pleasure of hanging out at the most popular bar in town is something I'm not willing to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

I'm realising how many people [read chics] like this place so I may find myself going back there afterall.

:-[

Thursday, December 22, 2005 12:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home