Thursday, December 15, 2005

The benefit of growing old

There is one. I would know you know, I AM growing old. This year has been one of tremendous learning for me. Numerous new experiences, difficult and exciting, possibly more so than any other in my life. I have learnt a great deal about myself and life in general. The benefit of ageing is that you learn to take things in stride. You learn to accept things and not to sweat the small stuff. When I see our president call us "pumbavu", I'm envious. I see a person who's not shackled by the expectations of society. Old people are typically like this. They are extremely straightforward, and vulgar. There's something about having been there and having done that before. You don't get fazed by too many things. I love seeing the vigour of youth, but I'm slowly coming to accept that the wisdom that comes with age isn't such a bad trade off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home