Thursday, December 15, 2005

Chapter 4: Face to face

I left work in a rush yesterday. A real rush. I was practically running across town, for the long overdue meeting with the married woman. A summary follows.

She seemed a bit nervous at first. Probably hasn't done such a thing in a long time. We talked for about an hour. Nothing too exciting. The usual stuff people would talk about. Nothing really stands out from the conversation. Oh. Except that she is of the opinion that she wouldn't leave her hubby if he was cheating on her, with only one particular woman. She accepts that this kind of 'polygamy' is a reality and would have a co-wife. To meet a woman of such an opinion in this day and age must be rare.

There's a sense of excitement, intrigue and mystery about someone who you talk to but have never met. That's what was pulling me down the slipperty slope. Now, however, my imagination has been put to rest and I can be more sober about the whole thing. I think I was just full of myself, convincing myself how she likes to read my emails and talk to me. Well, she wants a friend and I can try to be that. No fireworks here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home