Saturday, December 10, 2005

How do women choose mates for life? Read on ...

I collected this from one of the more colourful blogs on the web. Its hilarious.
Not a word changed.

Normally when a man wants to get married he contemplates and articulates a PROPOSAL for several months. He has to make sure that the place and timing and method of his PROPOSAL is going to sell him to the girl who will either ACCEPT or DENY his application.

Impilcit:

"Dear Angel. I know that I do not deserve to be with you but I will try my luck. I normally don't bow down on my knees except when addressing a god and my darling you are a goddess. I kiss the ground on which you walk. I hereby ask for your consideration of this proposal that I have been meddling with for several months. To bribe you I emptied my life savings in order to afford you this lovely piece of gem which I hope to put in your hand in the hopes that you will be pleased enough to accept my proposal."

Said:

"Angel, will you marry me?"

At which point the woman will take a moment and think to herself

" Gosh what a sight of pity. Look at him begging for dear life..if I do not agree to marry this bloke no one will. And is this all the ring he could afford? Despicable. I know that other dude bought me earings even more expensive than this ring this dude thinks is all that but that other dude...he is just too out of control. This one here I can put him in a cage and get him to do as I want. To stay home with the kids and be a husband even though my heart is with that other dude."

At this point the woman gets teary-eyed realizing the harshness of the reality of life that will force her to settle for this thing for the rest of her life.

In between weeps of what some might mistake to be tears of joy but in essence are tears of self-pity, she says

"Yes!"

And they hug and the guy is happy that he was CHOSEN by the chick.

Very rosy and poetic.

I will be around town tonight making a nuisance of myself. If any of you guys gets a bright idea, like buying me 2, pleaaaseeee holla!

5 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

Women do chose their mates, as much as men would like to think the converse is true.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:27:00 AM  
Blogger Athena said...

By the time a man opens his mouth, a woman has done complex calculations on various things, you mentioned a few other are:

- my few eggs need a suitable seed, do i want my offspring looking like him, his intelligence, (fil all sorts of "petty" things here)
- Her survival instincts demand that the man has means or potential of supporting her and their future family
- etc
So by the time a man asks or whatever the case may be, she knows her answer , so its a question of whether she is playing hard to get or some other game.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:22:00 AM  
Blogger 0.5 said...

Could that be part of the reason why couples are mostly unhappy? If there is this complex set of equations that must be solved before two people can be together, then I am sure there is always something lost.

If science is applied to romance, then romance loses its soul. And I am not being a hopeless romantic here. The fact that women conjure up the kind of kids they are likely to have with a man is a very deep extrapolation into the future. Scary!

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:44:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

I have found this thing of women imagining what their offspring would look like with a potential mate very strange. Yes. I have heard it many times before. I think it's the way women and men are wired differently. Trying to explain it is futile. It's just the way it is. Why don't women like to do science courses. They are equally intelligent. Why don't women code. We are just different.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:45:00 PM  
Blogger Bee said...

I don't think women wait until the proposal to think about whether they will get married to a certain guy or not. Their decisions are made waaaaaaaaay before the proposal.. sometimes right after they've met a guy women know already that that's the guy they will end up marrying. The man then ends up proposing not really because he had planned to but because its all in the grand scheme this woman had...as soon as they met she has been carefully scheming and plotting and causing events to lead up right to that moment of proposal

Friday, December 23, 2005 1:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home