Thursday, October 13, 2005

Going down a familiar road ...

I had an incident the other day, that I've mentioned briefly in a previous post, that brought back some scary and exciting memories - A chic kicking me out of her room during the late hours of the night.

It was back in 2nd year when I had my first taste of this mind altering substance called paroxetine hydrochloride. I had a pretty major breakdown, physically and mentally. Missed campus for a while, even thought of deferring. I couldn't function. This is the real reason why I stopped drinking. [The fact that I used to puke so often after drinking made this decision that much easier].

Now, this substance is not one to play with ovyo ovyo. [It doesn't cost 100 bob per tablet for nothing]. All of a sudden I was transformed into some hyper, randy guy [I was actually voted most randy guy that year during some annual awards we used to have back then]. All inhibitions went out the window. I had something to say to every chic I met. My mind was moving at 100 kph. I could hardly sit still and concentrate on something. [I wonder to this day how I passed 2nd year.]

I started making trips to Hall 12 [where the lovely medic chics used to reside] and would sit or lay on their beds mpaka they threw me out. When exams came around, things didn't change at all. This was the routine.

We'd chuck from Chiromo after having done an exam and had breakfast then have a siesta mpaka late afternoon. I'd then wake up, just in time to have supper. After supper, I'd make an attempt to look at notes for the coming exam. Around 9 pm, I would start getting restless and funga my books/handouts, and make my way to Hall 12. I'd typically chuck from Hall 12 [after criss-crossing a couple of rooms] at about 1 am, and head back to my bed in Hall 2. I'd swatch and wake up the next day just in time to rush for that day's exam. This went on for virtually the whole period of first sem exams at least. I can't remember second sem too well, but I figure it was much of the same.

So when I was kicked out last Friday night, these memories came rushing back and I've decided not to go down that road again. My body is willing [to stop], but my mind is weak. One way or another, I'll survive.

I wouldn't have made it through 2nd year without you guys. True friends you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home