Saturday, November 15, 2008

What they don't tell you

There's this chic I met. Couple of years back. During my last stint of regular church going. Yes, I met her in church. It was an interesting time that. Interesting seeing how young guys think and act. I was quite surprised actually, to see that they were pretty much the same as those who may not do church as such. They talked about boys [the girls did] and the youth choir leader guy went to some of the clubs I went to. Pretty normal folks then. There were some hot chics in there too [that wasn't my motivation for going]. Dressed up like any other chics. Dresses fitting in all the right places. [again, not my main motivation] Anyway. It was pretty encouraging to see people being themselves.

Now, this chic. She was like the hottest of them all. [she totally wasn't my motivation for going. honest] Light brown, stunning face, devastating smile, flawless body. Probably looks like 0.5's woman. Anyway. We got introduced at some point. Started chatting a bit. Only a bit. Never quite got to flirting. I guess it was one of those things. You dream of getting something but when it's there, staring you in the face, you freeze. Feet go cold. I didn't push any agenda, and neither did she. And that was that. She got married eventually, to some guy. Bright guy. She was like 23 then and I'm sure he recognized that she wouldn't be available for long. They had one kid at the last check and I guess it's the happily ever after for her.

So the other day my mum was talking with my small sis. I wonder sometimes what they vibe about often into the late hours given the 40 year age difference. And this chic came up in the conversation. This kind of thing tends to happen when I'm walking past, going into the kitchen to get some water. Can't for the life of me understand how she would come up in a conversation. And comments like how we were well suited and she would have made such a good wife and how sijui who else thought we had a thing going on, it was so perfect. Waa. It's not the first time I've heard allusions made to the need to work on my single status, although my small sis joining in was a first. But I was surprised. People see you going about your business, saying nothing, kumbe all sorts of things are going through their minds. Reminds me of the time it first hit me that my folks really would have liked that I become a doctor. They had only mildly intimated their preference before I went off to campus but that was pretty much the end of the story. I thought. Only after I'd finished campus did my dad lay it on me. How I was caring and stuff and would have made a good doc. They seemed quite disappointed. Still. I had no idea. I figured it was long forgotten. Little did I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home