Thursday, June 21, 2007

which way captain?

SO!

Jey is a les**an (yes, that J)! Or bi-sexual. I have always wanted to meet one of those. I was richly rewarded by the revelation. For the life of me I cannot remember how the topic came up, just that suddenly, there it was, like a giant, red rhinoceros in a small room.
J: Did you know that I am bi-sexual?
I: NO KIDDING!
(shock, awe and disbelief spanning for five minutes)
I: So how does that work for you?
J: Its nice.
I: So you touch and lick other girls' boo*ies and stuff?
(Head running riot with imagination)
J: (nonchalantly) Yeah-Duuh!
I: So how is it?
J: Very nice. You see chics know where to touch and what to do ...chics come on to me, so they do some pretty amazing things to please me.
(POOFF -- mind exploding!)
I: So why do you f___ guys?
J: Cause after the prepping and for_play, you are still expecting some thiiing,...
I: And toys?
J: Got those but ....they don't grab, huff, puff and pant. Warmth, and those outrageous lies men tell. Its also good to see guys pull all stops to get some some....so its a kind of a curious thing to see how the guy will turn out ....

Yeah. One crazy jumping bean.

I must have a blazing neon sign on my forehead: Come hither all yee crazy chics out there!

****

I have so many broken systems on my hands that I do not know where to begin. It is so unreal, its like I am having an out of body experience with guys coming to my desk, yelling...
0.5 system A is broken!
0.5 this data is wrong!
where are we on this?
I smile numbly. If I could I would ask them: How many brains and hands do I have?
I have had six meetings this week! I consider it bad when a technical guy like me is attending so many bloody meetings! People drone on endlessly. They are like court proceedings. Usually, we (foot-soldiers) are the accused cause we DO the stuff. Only there is no defence counsel. Sometimes I snarl and feel like pointing at some self-appreciating hob-nob and asking: When was the last time that you actually worked at something? If you drain a guy, you are gonna get indifference.
Is it ready?
No
Why?
There is a lot to do around here.
So when is it going to be ready?
Hard to say.
I need a date.
Could take one day. Or weeks. Its a bug and those are unpredictable and need time.
Next week Monday.
Right.

4 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

Wait. Which J. I'll find out in due course.

How did the mysql stuff go. I can relate to your unworldly experience. Last time I had such a week, I quit.

Friday, June 22, 2007 7:34:00 AM  
Blogger 0.5 said...

It is nasty. But it is unconventional. Plus it is not boring. No neat GUIs with clickable lines with context menus that say "Select All From Left".

Plus the DB runs on Solaris. To see a table schema you start an executable. You are used to .exe, well some files do not even have an extension so you type the name at the prompt by mistake and and whoa! starts dropping objects and creating others.

As for J, you know J.

Friday, June 22, 2007 4:08:00 PM  
Blogger aJamaa said...

So can I meet J or one of her girlfriends. Its been a while since I had a mildly interesting conversation. I need some excitement. Hook aJamaa up.

As for MySql have you tried using the Query browser. It will not allow you to select by clicking but at least it gives you a nice GUI which is better than working in the black dreary command window.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 7:46:00 AM  
Blogger 0.5 said...

The MySQL runs on Solaris. But probably there should be a way that can be hooked up as well.

J does not talk interesting. She talks crazy.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 9:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home