Thursday, January 25, 2007

Man In Black

The guy who decided that guys have to wear a coat and tie, to go to work or for them to be taken seriously or whatever... Ok. I'm not a violent person but that guy messed up.

I've never been big on impressions but the real world has it's own realities. Never mind the fact that guys have their coats hanging off some sort of furniture most of the time they're actually working. Only to put them on when they have to go for a meeting or something. And it's not like they're very colourful. I always get amused when I see world leaders gathered for a photo session at some event or other. It's like they agree before hand who will wear which colour tie. So that they can be differentiated in the grey mass that they form. Unless you're James Brown, or a P.I.M.P, there are some things you can't get away with.

Women on the other hand have much more room to manoeuvre. A lot more to work with. And aren't they wonderful. It's amazing how an outfit can put a smile on a guy's face. Just like that. And make it stay on there all day.

Shopping for a suit is weird. You have to go to certain places. The kind of places which never seem to have any customers, and which I used to pass by like the Passover was nigh [and they didn't have blood on their doorpost]. Like the guys in there were lepers, not to be approached, at any costs.

Now a guy has to visit these colonies and talk to those guys who look at you strange. I have to learn new sizes and measurements. And only plain, black, would do. No stripes, or brown, or whatever. Ati for variety. No. I can see a situation where I wouldn't be able to differentiate between one outfit and the next. Perhaps except for those strange Italians' names [I'm assuming they are Italian], or similarly weird coat linings. Which wouldn't be such a bad thing seeing as you can get away with putting on the same clad all week without anyone making a mention or note of it.

There's a chic who was telling me she'd give anything to see me in a suit. Apprently it's a turn-on of some sort. Or is like money. Makes you look that much more appealing.

I've been postponing and procrastinating about adding to my wardrobe [and I last did not too long ago] but I'll have to just close my eyes, bite my lip, and get on with it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's something about a dude in a suit,no wait- a nice suit-..a nice kept moustache and a nice smile that's very attractive.In the case where the gentleman has all three..he could as well have 10bob to his name,he'd still look like a million bucks!

Thursday, January 25, 2007 3:53:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

So all I need now is a moustache.

Friday, January 26, 2007 7:31:00 AM  
Blogger Princess said...

There is nothing like a well-groomed man in a suit...I love guys who power dress and it is a major turn-on for me.

Saturday, January 27, 2007 4:20:00 AM  
Blogger Komi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, January 27, 2007 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Komi said...

One guy once told me not to take any dude who still wears broken suits seriously. Then another who does, told me to go tell the first one that unless he wears a designer suit, then he should also not be taken seriously. Seems it matters where you buy them.

Saturday, January 27, 2007 10:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home