Friday, May 12, 2006

Big Panties... x4

I undertook a wardrobe overhaul the other day. Shopping generally isn't a pleasant experience for me and this was no different. It had to be done though so I picked out what I needed and headed to the cashier to pay.

The POS swipe thingy must have not been working [or there was none. I can't remember] so the guy goes ahead and keys in the stock code on one of the items in my basket. I stand there trying to do the math for my purchases. I typically try to figure out if I have enough cash for a possible upper limit rather than do the exact sum. I've never been good at that mental math thing. Even when I do mental calculations, I visualize myself actually doing the calculations as I would in the flesh, without those addition/subtraction/multiplication tricks. This is actually quite similar to the way I used to read [and remember] stuff for exams. I would remember that a certain piece of information was on the bottom left of some page. The actual content would then follow. I think I've joked a couple of times that it's like having a jpeg of the page, then magnifying it to read its contents. Worked for me.

Anyway. I've just been trying to say that I was standing there holding my wallet, waiting for the total to show up on the till. So the guy punches in this particular code and is about to move on when both of us stop. Mentally at least. We both stare at the display. The last item says "Big Panties". I would normally laugh at such a situation, but that wasn't happening. I guess if it showed "Panties" that would be ok and quite laughable, but Big Panties! What are those!

The cashier frantically gesticulates at someone to come over. Apparently, it's a supervisor of some sort who has to enter a password to allow this guy to alter the bill. All this time I'm squirming uncomfortably. I dare not look at the person next in line, or think about what [s]he may be thinking. I stare firmly at the screen, and my 4 Big Panties.

I came across the receipt yesterday, and sure enough "Big Panties 4@ 200" had been added then subtracted from my bill. This time though, it brought a smile to my face.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelitu said...

LOL! Do guys have big panty issues?

Friday, May 12, 2006 6:25:00 PM  
Blogger Malaika said...

LOL

Sunday, May 14, 2006 9:48:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

I don't have issues as such, I was just wondering why there was a specific stock item for it. Made me wonder if there's something special about them. There are no 'Big Shirts' or anything of the sort.

Monday, May 15, 2006 1:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home