Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Fear of the Gift season

I met a genetically modified chic a few months ago. Classy i should say. Lately I had began to get worried. She’d mentioned some expensive gifts she saw in town deep into our free time. Why dioes this subject have to come up? Am getting into trouble I thought- since I didn’t know where that came from. Now that Vals is near, and my entertainment budget is getting constrained I had to figure out a way of temporarily parting ways till after that gift season. I generally consider valentine as expensive as wedding ceremony except for the absence page boys and parents.

Then the perfect opportunity at a date. Some other chic calls, she starts toying around with words. I try to ignore but shes not getting off, am trying not to burn bridges. I actually move out to pick to continue. Coming back, Am in trouble. Who was that? “Another funny couso of mine, we were talking home issues. Don’t tell me you are feeling threatened”. Relaaax. Slowly gathering courage. I can see the deliberate sadness settle on her face, my consolation not taken, actually it heightened the suspiscion . Totally uneasy, she asks for more coffee. We talk for some 5 minutes. Am I fat? She asks. Am Quick to reply: compared to what? Fumes, tantrums and I have to go. Some bitter sms. Heheheee, Am a genius, am telling myself. I get a chance to get home and wow.

The next day I get an sms “I have forgiven you, si we meet?”. 4 days and I haven’t replied the message. Am not talking. Till after vals. I’ll accept the aplology. Date 15th Feb.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just nasty!! am really hoping your not dating that chik..for her sake!

Thursday, January 25, 2007 3:42:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

The secret lives of one MateJivu. Hehehe. Ati compared to what?. I'll have to remember that one, even though it'll likely get me killed. Am I fat? I'm lucky I've never had to answer that one.

Friday, January 26, 2007 7:39:00 AM  
Blogger Princess said...

The lengths guys go to in order to avoid Valentine's Day is amazing!! I think it should be balanced...I think guys deserve to be spoiled on Valentine's Day as much as women..if both parties so decide. I fail to fathom how it is that men are expected to buy gifts and all that jazz and some ladies don't even get them so much as a card in return. As my younger brother would say "What part of the game is that?"

Saturday, January 27, 2007 4:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home