Tuesday, January 23, 2007

aJamaa ameoa?

Things must be getting really thick.

At some point on sato, I was talking with my mum. The conversation got to how we were all getting old. I have a sis who turned almost-40 on Friday. Enyewe when you start reminiscing with your folks, making references to "these days" [as opposed to those ones], things are thick.

Then, out of the blue, she asks. "aJamaa ameoa?". For some reason, I didn't laugh at this query, and another mention of marriage. Probably because aJamaa is the most eligible bachelor I know. This is worrying stuff though.

First, hints were made about getting kids. Then, more recently, I was being told how I should bring someone home. And I didn't burst out laughing that time either. It's not even funny anymore.

You know, 0.5, perhaps it is breakfast time.

4 Comments:

Blogger aJamaa said...

I cannot describe the kind of shock and fear/anger when I saw the title of your post. There some words that should not be used in the same sentence.

At this rate you will have to take someone home, possibly someone you pick up using, 'Hi! My name is Sam'. Although taking someone home will lead to you answering questions like "How is she?" When is she coming back again? Have you met her parents? How is her family like?

I am fortunate my mum still treats me like a 4 year old.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 7:56:00 AM  
Blogger 0.5 said...

It is NOT breakfast time yet.

It is 10:00 PM and the second bottle of beer is being served. 22 year old University of Nairobi women, hot and un-inhibited are checking into the scene.

The only time it can be breakfast time is if it is served by accident at 10:00PM (WATCH OUT! shrapnel and broken glass, pls wear boots all the time). And in that eventuality it will not be breakfast time either, will it?

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 9:55:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

aJamaa - I was a bit apprehensive myself. But when the ladies discover your eligibility, mambo yako itakwisha.

0.5 - It seems the folks are in a different time zone, where it IS breakfast time. Perhaps it's only my folks. Enjoy the night, before the inevitable dawn.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 2:05:00 PM  
Blogger Princess said...

@ajamaa..you are so funny..you take your bachelor status very seriously it seems.

@Samborera..I was hanging out with my favorite aunt and one of my cousins who is happily married and younger than me called to announce that she is expecting her first child and all of a sudden my aunt was telling me how lovely it would be if I settled down and started having kiddos. I feel your pain buddy!!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 9:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home