Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A tough start to the season

Not if you are a Liverpool fan of course. If so you've seen much worse than a 3 nil defeat in the third game of the season. When your strength is being solid and conceding few goals and this one thing gets a bit dodgy because of guys getting older, ankle injuries, new faces and the like, you are bound to suffer. And Benitez is a cautious guy so attacking play hasn't really caught on yet. In fact, since Houllier was released of the influence of Roy Evans, real and sustained attacking play has been a rarity.

I can't remember the last time Arsenal had to come back from a goal down in so many matches. Knowing their fans, at least the Kenyan ones, it must be pretty tough watching. To be fair to them, they've just been a bit unlucky.

I'm no longer as emotionally attached to football results as I once was. I made a conscious decision to do this, for the sake of my health. Right after Liverpool had a nil-nil draw with Southampton some seasons back after having like 20 shots on goal. I felt physically sick that Sunday evening and vowed not to get so into it. That's the kind of mind set that makes you survive watching your team being 3 something down in a critical match. Thrice.

1 Comments:

Blogger aJamaa said...

It has happened again. Just before the beginning of the season I fell for all that talk on Liverpool's website about them being considered strong title contenders and all. I really fell for it, for the third season in a row. But as usual reality has dawned upon me. They just dont want to win. So I will go back to watching only those games that catch me with nothing better to do and generally not letting their wins, draws or defeats affect me.

As for the Arsenal fans, I hope they are learning to take it easy and not start foaming in the mouth if their team is not 2 up in 15 minutes.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 2:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home