Tuesday, July 11, 2006

N rated Fashion TV

The first time I came across a pub showing Fashion TV the only reasonable explanation I could come up with was that the bar man was an aspriring designer. Besides while the pub had superb decor and wonderful lighting it was very empty for a Wednesday evening which implied that they had more problems than their poor choice of programming and when I got my bill discovered what the reason was. On Sato I was in another pub that had some screens on Fashion Tv. One of the screens just happened to be behind the counter and just infront of me. On offer were models strutting a cat walk with those transparent tops that I cant imagine anybody ever buys, bikini's e.t.c but what made me want to blog about Fashion Tv was some models on a cat walk with topless bikinis. Honestly, how hard can it be to design a topless bikini and what is the main idea behind having such shows? Do you need the same kind of license one would need to operate a strip club to run such a show? And as far as I can remember Fashion Tv did not have one of those nice logos that indicate a programs rating.

Now that I am already talking about fashion, I might just as well add a related tit bit. I have basically been using the same barber for the last like ten years. A visit to the barber basically involves me getting to his shop at around 6 on a Sunday evening, sitting on the barber's chair, talking about football as he cuts my hair with no questions like How do you want me to cut it? Do you want me to use spirit? Is that short enough? The guy is so good that when I broke my leg he called me up to ask why I had not passed by his shop in over a month and then offered to give me a hair cut from home. It is so damn irritating to go to a new barber, you have to spend lots of time explaining how you want your hair cut and the guy I went to see had even more issues he was really rough, at some stage he was chatting with a guy on the other side of the street while shaving him resulting in me getting spittle on my head, at some stage he wanted to talk on the phone while still cutting my hair. The worst part is that this guy was recommended to me by a jamaa who warned me that while the guy is crap all the other barbers are worse.

There some things that a jamaa should remain constant in a guys life, a church, home pub and barber. You just dont walk into a shop and let a guy near you with a blade because the door reads barber.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so feel you on the inane nature of fashion nowadays.Half of the stuff you see on the catwalk cant be worn in public at all!
As for barbers, I have had only 2 regular barbers.I changed barbers as I moved across town.Nothing beats a barber who knows how you like it and does it well.Plus since I was a regular raia I didnt go to one of those flashy barber shops where they give you a scalp massage and face bath before your haircut and give you an equally stunning bill to match.
Here in the states a haircut costs an arm and a leg so I have decided to grow dreads instead...

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 3:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In some rare cases lawyers can become CEOs.The lawyer-CEO will usually start out by requiring that you sign something that says every idea you ever had have now or ever will have including without limitation or recourse or commas ideas any children of yours may have including derivative rights from such ideas and derivative rights which might reasonably be inferred from such ideas of either yourself or said issue or ideas of said issues or issues of said ideas shall without further compensation or assignment or risk or hassle become for all time the exclusive property of our current employer and if necessary reasonable forms of torture may be used at the sole discretion of said CEO to extract said ideas should you prove recalcitrant in providing all of the forgoing without liability of any kind to said employer assigns or successors. You will, if course, hold all of the said above harmless from any consequences of any said ideas and undertake at your own expense to defend any actions taken against them and to hold them harmless from any judgments which might be rendered against them for any infractions real or alleged of any kind regardless of cause for which they may be held liable.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 7:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home