Monday, February 20, 2006

What is it about confidence...

That makes it such an attractive, and dare I say sexy attribute in a person. My hypothesis is that this is one of the main things that makes certain types of individuals irresistable. You don't have to be the biggest or brightest, but if you appear as such, the effect is the same.

Now, I've struggled with self-confidence all my life and am only starting to become comfortable in my own skin. [Stopping gorgeous women on the street doesn't count as confidence. That's temporary insanity] I feel like I'm going through a second phase of adolescence [or adole as we used to call it]. Learning about myself and deciding on values, things I'm willing to do or not do, and generally growing up [or old]. Slowly, the confidence is coming. Will come. And with it, many more exciting things.

3 Comments:

Blogger Milonare said...

Some said we are all actors in the grand stage of life...

Its all about appearances. The true test is whether the outward appearances mimic the inner being and one is comfortable with both.

As you say, this comes with time...

Monday, February 20, 2006 7:29:00 PM  
Blogger Virginia Belle said...

very true. fake it long enough and you will start to believe it. also, you can gain a lot of confidence from succeeding at things, so make a list of all the things you are good at, no matter how insignificant they may seem. then read it all the time. another thing that boosts my self esteem is looking good--being healthy, going to the gym, dressing nicely, etc.

and don't be afraid of approaching women on the street. as long as you don't come off as a creepy stalker, she will be flattered, trust me. (in order to avoid being creepy stalker guy, keep is short and sweet. nothing about her body from the neck down. maybe just say, "you are the prettiest girl i've seen today!" and leave it at that.)if you want more advice on approaching women, let me know.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 5:13:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

I've always tried to be 'modest'. That has meant playing down anything I do, even those I've done well. This definition is being redefined.

Now, I can't be accused of not stopping a gorgeous woman on the street. I actually told her she was "absolutely gorgeous". And she was. Is. I was actually pleasantly surprised that I didn't get slapped, and I really did try to keep eye contact.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 8:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home