Thursday, February 16, 2006

My visit to the dentist

Earlier this week, I started feeling that sharp pain that associated with a huge hole in your teeth, whenever I drank something cold/hot. Seeing as my threshold for pain has never been that high, I immediately set up an appointment with the dentist.

I was ushered in, to the lovely doctor's chair. He started poking around my mouth as they usually do before they start inflicting real pain. I was a bit concerned though. I typically take prophylaxis antibiotics before dental work [a story for another day], and attempted to protest that I wanted some antibiotics first. He wasn't taking me seriously and went on to do an xray of the side of my mouth. He looked at the xray then went back to prodding my insides. Ostensibly he couldn't see anything that could be causing my 'pain'. I would be very happy at that, if I wasn't a bit apprehensive. Have my neurotic symptoms become worse? My shrink will be horrified. He sent me away with a prescription for some tabs and mouth wash. Hopefully he'll find the cavity when I go back next week.

Following this, I came in to work late, only to be told by the Philosopha that all sorts of people were looking for me. As always, urgent matters were awaiting me. What a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home