Thursday, February 09, 2006

Java 2

After the Java interview/exam I did recently, I got an email asking me to go back for another interview, with the CEO. I figured that they must have realised I haven't written much Java code and that would be that. Perhaps they just like seeing guys squirm. I don't know. Which reminds me. I'll have to look for a shirt to wear. Last time I went in my usual T-shirt and jeans. No way I was doing a java test in a tie. I hope I have a shirt in the closet that doesn't have rust. [What is that stuff that gets on clothes that have been in a wardrobe for too long that looks like rust]. Tomorrow 9am it is.

3 Comments:

Blogger Samborera said...

So I show up today morning at 0830. I'm ushered into the meeting room where I'd done my test. After a while, one of the lovely ladies in the office asks if I can be helped. I'm a bit bemused. I tell her I'm there for an interview. She leaves to consult. Shortly, another jamaa arrives and introduces himself. It's the CEO. He looks like an easy going down-to-earth guy. A bit unlike I expected. Possibly this was accentuated because it seemed to be dress down Friday at the joint and he was in a T-shirt.

Ostensibly he'd sent me an email asking to postpone. He has a meeting today morning at Safcom. I've just seen the email and it's marked as being sent on Wednesday. I check my mail like 10 times a day and it was definitely not in my inbox jana. Well, mpaka Monday 0900. I wonder if Athena has suffered the same fate.

Friday, February 10, 2006 9:24:00 AM  
Blogger KenyanMusings said...

hey you, Finally made it to your blog. Thanks for all the comments, I got all of them actuall, so thanks for reading. I will make time to read your blog vizuri. Thanks for reading mine.
Warmest, and all the best with your interview.

Friday, February 10, 2006 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Yeah. Finally. Looks like comments are taking ages to show up in the main post, even on this blog. Thanks for the good wishes. As usual, I'll blog about it immediately I leave the interview.

Another thing. I need to clarify that this isn't exactly my blog. There are a whole bunch of guys who are members. I didn't even create it. I guess it doesn't really matter, but for the record, this is my personal blog. I don't post there often, but may just start doing so. I love introverted because it's home to my chums. I've been posting a lot here recently, perhaps because my obligation to my current job isn't as strong.

Friday, February 10, 2006 11:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home