Friday, February 03, 2006

How to ask for 120K?

How do you ask for a salo of 120K, with a straight face. I was talking to someone yesterday night and he was suggesting a guy should quote such kind of figures. That's way, way, way more than I earn, so I'd probably laugh if I say such a thing if asked the eternal question, "how much do you want?". As it is, I'm not sure how much I'm worth as far as a job goes. I've realised I'm worth more than what I currently earn though. You have a senior guy who earns loads more than you, but doesn't do as much or as difficult work as you do.

So how does a guy ask for 120K.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kamikaze said...

Some punk just ruined a very good day, (which could be even better if someone just bought me PINT!!!). Anyways, this guy doesn't have programmers, has all sorts of wonderful ideas (the kind white folk have, he is white) and says he can only give a guy 20K. What the hell sort of crap is that!!!

It felt good telling a guy thanks but no thanks.

Now about the beer?

Friday, February 03, 2006 4:11:00 PM  
Blogger Kamikaze said...

0.5, you changed your number? And how long will it stay changed? I'm thirsty!!

Friday, February 03, 2006 4:12:00 PM  
Blogger walk said...

you ask for 120k with a straight face . You will be suprised they will give it to you straight up. i know things are hard back at home but dont be fooled kenyan companies have money people are moving back from the states and uk and trust me they are getting much more . i know of a guy who went for an interview in kenya from here presented his credentials told them what he can do and asked for what he was earning here. they refused and he told them that then there was nothing to talk about . two three day later they called and are now paying him what he asked .so ask with a straigt face if the say no then sawa

Friday, February 03, 2006 7:00:00 PM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Oh. I have to start working on my straight face. Guys who know me will know how hard that is.

Friday, February 03, 2006 7:15:00 PM  
Blogger Girl in the Meadow said...

15,000 dollars seems like it

Monday, February 06, 2006 10:00:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

You can't even start to quote figures in a foregin currency.

Monday, February 06, 2006 10:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home