Monday, January 09, 2006

Unbelievable

There was a time when I used to see references to Orca and just laugh. [The non-techies can stop reading here] Laugh at how ludicrous it would be to create/edit windows installer setups using this archaic tool. Today, I had to actually search for, install and use Orca! Incredible. An indication of the kind of day I've had, trying to get some windows installer patch to work, but getting 'Internal error 2715' no matter what I try. I've been laughing at myself most of the afternoon. [My workmates already think I'm crazy so nobody found that too strange] Life is truly interesting.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bee said...

Since i really don't know what this post is about I'll make an announcement instead about a MISSING cleopatra post that was last seen on the 9th of January at around 1pm greenwich time. There will be a reward for any information that can lead to its recovery

Monday, January 09, 2006 8:21:00 PM  
Blogger 0.5 said...

Orca?
Sounds like something linked to the occult world.
Orca, Ouija, voodoo .......

Never heard of this thing. So what is wrong with InstallShield, or the more traditional Package Wizard?

Unless you have started making programs for 16 bit Windows!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:19:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

First let me just mention that this was probably the most exhilerated I'd been about anything work related for a while. I've always held that programmers like pain. Closet masochists.

Anyway, we use Installshield 11 actually, but when you have an error you can't figure out, possibly because you know little about setup making, you resort to anything

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:16:00 AM  
Blogger Samborera said...

Ati what post. There's only the one on cleopatra.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home