Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The call

It's now 2254. I've been twiddling my thumbs [as aJamaa would say] for the past 4 hours, upto just about half an hour ago. I just got the call. It's only a first, phone interview, but it's an interview all the same. I can't stop laughing. I just got off the phone with a Microsoft recruiter. Can you believe it. I can't. I mean. I hear Celtel are hiring and I haven't gotten any response from them. Safaricom either. Those were the first places I fired off my cv to. I'm still going to send off my cv to the local banks, but as a friend noticed, it takes ages to get a response to a job application. A regret letter would probably be too much effort, but email is basically free, and a click away. And you can spam all of us job seekers with a regret email at one go. I can't get an interview here but I can at Microsoft? Ludicrous!

For a moment there I stopped laughing. Anyway. So. The call. Right on time, to the minute. A lovely lady on the other end. Some general questions. Then some general C++ questions, only I can't remember C++! I hope she saw the funny side. I certainly am. I'm not giving away any details. It would be too embarassing.

The Arsenal - Man U match is already underway, but I'm in no hurry to get home. I can't wait for Thursday. That's when I get to know how the interview went, and if there'll be another. Well, possibly Friday since they are like a whole day behind. I hope I did good. I so much want to have done good.

PS:
I just had a thought. There are probably loads of guys who've been and will be interviewed who've been coding in C for ages, tinkering with the Linux kernel and stuff. Why can't I stop laughing. This is hilarious. Wacha I go and swatch, or attempt to swatch. Happy new year to you all. I'm certainly happy this new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home